During the Covid-19 pandemic we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. At Smile Concepts our number one priority continues to be the health and safety of our patients, as well as our team and their families. As dental healthcare providers during a pandemic we are strictly adhering to the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the CDC, ADA, AZDA, AZDHS, and OSHA. We have always maintained a highly sterile environment throughout our office and even though we have implemented several extra safety precautions it is our promise that our exceptional customer service will continue as always. Please be understanding of our new protocols. Below is a summary of the steps currently in place to ensure your safety and the safety of our community:
- We are strictly enforcing sick policies that require any team members suffering from any illnesses to stay home from work until they have written clearance by a physician to return.
- All team members will have their temperatures taken daily and will use an oral peroxide rinse throughout the day.
- All body fluids are treated as infectious because patients with blood-borne infections can be asymptomatic or unaware that they are infected. This includes body fluids in airborne droplets from coughs or sneezes. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used in our office, including gowns, eye protective wear, face shields, N95 masks and gloves, are used and designed to ensure that no blood or body fluids can be passed between team members and patients. All of these items are washed and/or discarded between patients to mitigate all transmission.
- The strictest surface sterilization procedures are followed in order to clean and disinfect all operatory surfaces between patients and, before and after each use with medical grade disinfectants.
- Protective barriers are placed on all items, such as armrests, head rests, curing lights, overhead lights, computer keyboards, and suction tips.
- All dental instruments are wiped clean with medical grade disinfectants and heat sterilized in steam autoclave machines and in individual sterile pouches.
- All magazines have been removed from the waiting area.
- Waiting room surfaces and restrooms are disinfected in between all patients, including high touch areas such as door handles, door knobs, tables, chairs and front office counters with medical grade disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all patients at check in and check out, as well as in the back office area.
- If you have a temperature of 100 or any other flu-like symptom, such as fever, cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and/or difficulty breathing, we will reschedule your appointment for a later date and ask that you see your primary care physician.
- On the day of your appointment, please brush and floss prior to your appointment as our toothbrush stations remain closed.
- Please plan to attend your appointment alone. If the patient is a minor, please only one parent may accompany the minor.
- Please wear a mask, scarf, or bandana over mouth and nose.
- Please remain in your vehicle and call the office to let us know that you have arrived. We will let you know when we are ready for you.
- Upon entering the office everyone will sign and complete a pre-appointment screening questionnaire.
- Temperature will be taken and a peroxide oral rinse will be given to all patients.
- For parents with young children, please let them know that even though our procedures may be different than what they are used to, our office will always remain the same friendly and caring office they are accustomed to.
On behalf of our entire team we thank you so very much for your patience and understanding during this time. We appreciate your help in ensuring the safest experience possible for everyone. If you have any questions at all, please reach out to us at any time.
* The information above is subject to change at any time