When you feel self-conscious about your appearance, it affects your confidence and happiness. This is why we all spend time and money taking care of our skin, hair, nails, and of course, teeth. Unfortunately, changing the appearance of your smile isn’t exactly as easy as getting a haircut.
For this reason, it’s easy to feel discouraged if you don’t like the way your teeth look. You want to show your smile to the world, but if it makes you self-conscious, you might hide it instead. Fortunately, there’s a simple way to drastically change the appearance of your smile: dental veneers.
While “veneers” may be a term you’ve heard when talking about the smiles of movie stars, you may not know much about them otherwise. We’ve boiled down all the key information about veneers into ten key facts that may help you decide if veneers are right for you and your smile.
- Veneers are essentially thin pieces of porcelain (made to mimic the look of natural teeth) that are placed over existing teeth.
- Veneers are considered a cosmetic dental appliance.
- Veneers are one of the most effective ways to fix cosmetic dental issues, including chipped or damaged teeth, crooked teeth, or gaps between teeth.
- Veneers can also improve the whiteness of your smile, without extensive whitening treatments.
- You won’t be able to tell that you’re wearing veneers (and neither will anyone else). They are comfortable and natural looking, so all you see is a beautiful smile.
- Veneers are a very versatile option when it comes to improving your smile, and can fix almost any cosmetic dental issue you may have.
- Veneers are permanent, and as such, the process of getting veneers is a very careful and precise one.
- Veneers are individually crafted to each patient’s needs. They will be measured, shaped, and adjusted to look as natural as possible in your mouth.
- Because of the precision needed, veneers may take more than one visit to your dentist (one to consult, one to prepare, one to apply, a follow-up, etc.). Your specific treatment will depend on your specific needs.
- Your dentist is the person to talk to if you are interested in getting veneers. Make sure your dentist has expertise and experience in the area before moving forward.Veneers may be the secret to a “movie star smile,” but they can also simply be the secret to a healthy, beautiful looking smile that you are proud of.
If you’re interested in seeing what veneers could do for your smile, contact Smile Concepts. We bring unmatched experience and care to the table, and we use only the highest quality products to make sure you leave with the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Contact our office today for more information or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!